It's been a mild winter thus far here in the Northwest. This may not the best news for the Vancouver Winter Olympics. But for me, and others like me, it's a hint of a Spring that could be just around the corner. So with no snow or freezing weather, it is time to uncover the coach and get ready to hit the road.
Here are a few things I do to get the RV ready:
- Remove the RV cover and put it away
- Check the house batteries and add distilled water as necessary
- Check the tire pressure
- Change the oil in the generator (click for my post on this)
- Fire up the generator and put a load on it
- Drain and flush the water heater
- Flush all water lines
- Test the operation of all appliances
- Clean the furnace air filter
- Test the smoke alarm
- Test the propane detector
- Open the awning and let it air out
- Check interior lights and change bulbs if necessary
- Check all exterior lights
- Take it to the Ford dealer for an oil change and inspection
I'm now ready for the road. It's time to plan that first get-a-way of the year. I also do all most of these things each time I prepare for a trip.
What do you do to get your RV ready for the road?